- I have written a new song titled “Mother of Exiles — The New Colossus” and made a music video of it, which is posted on youtube. The song sets Emma Lazarus’ sonnet, “The New Colossus”, which is emblazoned on a brass plaque in the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty. I believe I am the first composer to successfully set this poem in its entirety to simple, singable music.
- I provide computer software, litigation support, and consulting services through Gareth Inc., based in Marin County, California.
- I am the author of Musimathics: The Mathematical Foundations of Music, Volume 1, (June, 2006) and Volume 2 (June 2007), published by the MIT Press. An excellent review of Musimathics appeared recently on the Classical Net website.
- The Musimat programming language discussed in Musimathics V1 Chapter 9 can be downloaded for free from the Musimat web site.
- The original 4-channel version of my landmark 4-channel computer music composition Nekyia (1980), written for the Samson Box at CCRMA, Stanford, is available from me in various formats for concert productions. Please contact me for arrangements.
- My composition Blood From A Stone (1992), for Max Mathews’ electronic violin, performed by Janos Negyesy is available here.
The a cappella group, Flying Without Instruments, for which I used to sing bass, has several excellent CDs for sale here.
- My debut solo singer/songwriter CD titled Getting In Touch is available only by contacting me. Not available in stores. You must be prepared to convince me why you must have a copy.
- My brother, the late Dr. Tom Loy, renowned molecular archaeologist, and member of the team that researched Oetzi the Iceman, died in the fall of 2005. I have put up a memorial web site for him here.